If your beloved young person has flown away to become a Duck, you're now an honorary member of the UO family too. Did you know that you can call us with any questions, and we will connect you with the appropriate resource.
Here's a list of common questions.
Q: What if I have concerns about my student's health or safety?
A: Please let us know right away, using the option that fits your situation:
1. E-mail email@example.com.
2. Call our Helpline, 1-541-346-3234, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Mondays through Fridays.
Q: How will I know if an emergency happens on campus?
A: Give your contact information to the UO's Parent and Family Association. It's free, and you'll receive alerts about campus emergencies and upcoming family events. It's easy. You'll find the online form here.
Q: What does it cost to join the Parent and Family Association?
A: More than 7,000 parents and families of currently enrolled students are members. Through a one-time fee of $70, you will help support programs, communications, and events. If your student qualifies for financial assistance, this fee may be waived.
Q: Are there special benefits to joining?
A: Yes! Here are examples:
- Monthly electronic newsletter
- Enhanced communications and information from the university
- Campus crime and emergency notifications
- Connections to other Duck families in your region
- Access to the career-focused Parent Professional Network (PPN)
- Invitations to send-offs, watch parties, and other events
- Discounted tickets to Family Weekends
- Access to athletic event group rates for select events
- Ability to serve on the Leadership Team or as a Regional Representative
- Advisory Council To the Dean of Students
Q: Are there advantages to planning a visit to campus around Family Weekends?
A: Family weekends often provide access to people, programs, and spaces that families may not otherwise have access to—they are great ways to reconnect with your student while experiencing the UO.
Some local hotels offer special rates for winter and spring family weekend visitors (but not for fall). Registration begins soon for the Spring Family Weekend coming up May 1-3.
Like us on Facebook
Follow our blog for parents and families
Visit the Parent and Family Programs home page